[Fribidi-discuss] Fribidi shaping code inclusion status

Shachar Shemesh fribidi-discuss at shemesh.biz
Wed Mar 31 14:56:02 EST 2004

Anmar Oueja wrote:

> I am waiting for the guys to put in the libfribidi in the debian
> installer and use the hacked version of slang. it is a time sensitive
> matter.. so I have to wait and see. the problem is shaping is not
> there.. and I do not want to confuse the debian people with all the
> shaping stuff. That is why I am asking if the new release of fribidi
> will be out soon so the debian people can actually use it instead of
> the current version :)
>
> Hope this is clear.
>
> Anmar

Crystal. The problem is that I'm not sure when the new release is due.
Behdad is the one to ask about that. Search the archives, and I'm sure
you'll find I'm waiting for the new version longer than you have :-).

I'm asking because, while Arabic may indeed not be very useable without
shaping, Hebrew only needs the reordering. I know a few people were
working on translating the installer to Hebrew, but the reordering code
wasn't there, and things were pretty unreadable. If the engine is
capable of supporting that, at least one of the two (three? Is anyone
working on Persian?) languages can go in.

             Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Systems Consulting