[FriBidi] FriBidi on 64 bit machines

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Sun Nov 21 17:15:24 PST 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Baruch Even wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 02:00, Baruch Even wrote:
> > Attached is a patch I used to fix this (hopefully).
>
> Sorry for the noisy patch in that mail, it is the full debian patch, the
> part relevant to you is attached.

Sorry for the delay.  The problem with the patch is that it
assumes to much about the compiler.  FriBidi is still used on
embedded devices, etc, so a more sophisticated build system is
needed to make it safe.  I've worked that in the latest code
which is not ready for release yet.  Roozbeh, can you please find
the bits from latest CVS, back-port to 0.10.4 and release 0.10.5.
Behnam can help too.

BTW, with the recent changes on freedesktop.org, somebody should
take care of the homepage.  http://fribidi.org/ doesn't work as
expected anymore either.  Roozbeh?  Ah, we don't have SSH access
even.  One reason I decided to host fribidi on fd.o instead of
gnu.org was that gnu.org is unusable a third of the year because
of compromisions...

More work that needs to be done by someone else:  build Windows
DLL for 0.10.4 and release.  AbiWord people would really
appreciate it.

> Baruch

--behdad
  behdad.org