[FriBidi] Converting visual to logical string

Kenneth M Horan khoran at csc.com
Mon Aug 15 14:08:16 PDT 2005

Fridrich Strba wrote:
>This all was done on fribidi2 module and I used gcc (MinGW) to build. If
>you want, I should also have somewhere a statically built fribidi.exe,
>but I am not sure where. I did not boot my Win32 partition for a month
>or so. But I can do the sacrifice for a good cause ;-)

I'd really appreciate if you could find that, it would definitely help me
in the future.  For now I've tossed RedHat 9 on a system and compiled
fribidi 0.10.5.  I've converted all of my files into visual order UTF-8
data, however the command line executable outputs stuff about Arabic
spelling corrections and I don't see any way to shut it off on the options
list.  While it's nice that it can identify stuff like that, I really
don't want it right now.  Is there a way for me to make it spit out only
the (hopefully) logical ordered UTF-8 text?

Ken Horan