[FriBidi] Fribidi 2.0 Status?

Harold Putman h.putman at ieee.org
Wed Aug 31 05:05:26 PDT 2005

Hi Behdad,

> There has been no demand, so I didn't felt any pressure to finish
> it, but I may go and do that later this year.

No demand? I've been lurking on this list waiting to see if Arabic
character shaping will show up in fribidi.
The company I work for is looking at doing Arabic on a proprietary
display. We are using UTF-16 and wanting to map
a string of logical Arabic characters to their Unicode presentation
forms. Is that in fribidi yet?

I think there are probably many non-Arabic speakers who'd like to get
this type of code from someone who knows the language rather than try to
piece it together from books and end up embarassing ourselves.

Thanks,

Harold Putman