[FriBidi] experiment with fribidi2

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Sat Jan 21 05:58:46 PST 2006

Thanks Islam,

Messages like yours indeed make a difference :).  Anyway, to
technical stuff:

I guess you simply keep calling fribidi_log2vis, right?  While
that function does work for obvious cases, and it does shaping
too, it fails miserably for multiline paragraphs.  If you do
line-breaking in vlc, then I suggest you try using other API in
FriBidi.  It's a bit harder as you need to make something like 5
or more calls instead of one, but it's nothing nonobvious.  I'm
still to put up a howto, but you can see what those calls should
look like by reading the fribidi_log2vis source code.  Let me
know if you need any help.

Regards,
behdad