[FriBidi] fribidi 0.10.9 is now available

Till Vollmer tvollmer at codemart.de
Wed Aug 15 03:45:55 PDT 2007

Just for the records:

The problem was the malloc(). len should be multiplied by sizeof
(FribidiChar) (as it is int32) insetad of just taking the len.

Still one small problem:

Is there a way to calculate the bytes of the result of
utf8_to_unicode before actually doing it? I need to malloc the buffer
before but dont know how big it should be...

Regards
Till

Am 13.08.2007 um 13:15 schrieb Till Vollmer:

> So the calling is ok from your side? Or do you see an obvious problem?
>
> Regards
> Till
>
> Am 13.08.2007 um 08:18 schrieb Behdad Esfahbod:
>
>> On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 11:28 +0200, Till Vollmer wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The tests are working now. But I have a different problem:
>>>
>>> I am working on a Ruby wrapper and it works fine functionally but
>>> whenever the Ruby garbage collector kicks in I got an BUS error.
>>> I had
>>> my wrapper code checked by someone who does that very ofter and he
>>> says it's ok, so the problem must be either in the way I call
>>> fribidi
>>> stuff or in fribidi. Attached the code. Maybe someone can check if I
>>> do it ok. Any help would be very appreciated.
>>
>> No idea.  This is up to a Ruby hacker to figure out I guess.
>>
>> --
>> behdad
>> http://behdad.org/
>>
>> "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
>>  Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
>>         -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
>>

> Codemart GmbH
> Till Vollmer
> Managing Director