[FriBidi] GNU FriBidi 0.19.1 released

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Jan 16 04:51:51 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 10:00 +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Been a long time!  I have finally put together a release of the fribidi2
> > module, available from http://fribidi.org/download/
> >
> > cc4ccf78216a5de1c6f5e15e7f741f76  fribidi-0.19.1.tar.gz
> >
> Open source projects come in two flavors. Those that start with 1.0 when
> the software is hardly worth running, and increase a major version any
> time they run out of minor numbers, and those that release version
> 0.01pre1 after five weeks of QA.
>
> What I'm trying to say is that I think it's time to increase a major number.

Thanks for the note.  Indeed this has been supposed to be called 2.0.
And it should be looked as a pre release for that.  There are two main
reasons that I didn't call it so yet:

  - The fribidi command-line tool is not using the new non-deprecated
API as it should.

  - This is the first release of this code and I didn't want to commit
to the API just yet.

> Shachar

Regards,
--