[FriBidi] Compiling trunk on Windows

Yoann Roman yroman-fribidi at altalang.com
Wed Mar 4 15:40:42 PST 2009

I'm trying to get Fribidi compiled on Windows for use with Python via
Pyfribidi (http://pyfribidi.sourceforge.net). I was able to compile
the January 15th 0.19.1 archive with VS2003 & VS2008 by using Christophe
Gisquet's files/notes (http://tinyurl.com/cvzfac). I also got that
version to compile with Cygwin using configure / make.

Unfortunately, when I pass that version some Arabic text, I'm getting
back invalid UTF8 sequences (2-bytes for a 3-byte codepoint). I didn't
have that problem with the 0.10.9 release also compiled with VS2003, but
that version didn't do the Arabic joining.

All that to say I'm trying to see if the fribidi2 trunk code works
better. Problem is I can't get it to compile on Windows. I need to get
the .tab.i files generated, but I can't get anything under /gen.tab to
compile correctly in VS2003, VS2005, or VS2008. I tried the Cygwin
approach, but autoconf barfs at configure.ac:

configure.ac:45: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:78: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
configure.ac:79: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
configure.ac:86: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

--
Yoann Roman