[FriBidi] Invalid UTF-8 for Arabic

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Tue Mar 10 01:00:57 PDT 2009

Yoann Roman wrote:

> Behdad,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Your output is what I get from fribidi 0.10.9, but that doesn't do
> Arabic joining. Other than that BOM mark, the Windows output from
> 0.19.1 is correct and matches what other non-Fribidi-based, bidi
> programs do.

I should just point out, as an aside, that the Windows joining is font
aware. If a certain letter needs to have a left/right join, but the font
does not have the right glyph, then Windows will use (don't remember the
details) the right only or left only joined glyph.

Not really relevant to the discussion, but I should point out that
logical only joining is not full proof.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh