[FriBidi] Fribidi on Windows?

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Sat Oct 2 14:58:53 PDT 2010

On 02/10/10 01:12, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 09/30/10 06:24, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is there a version of Fribidi for Windows? Did anyone ever port the
>> library? I could find neither a precompiled library nor a build system
>> in place for it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Shachar
>>
>> Who might have to rewrite UBA yet again because of this :-(
>>
> I'm sure building FriBidi for windows is much easier than rewriting it.
>
> behdad

I'm certain you are right, however:

    * I do not need this for anything production, so optimizations are
      not a major issue.
    * I do need this for something standard related
      (http://bidiedit.lingnu.com)
    * I have never implemented the UBA before, despite dong a lot of
      consulting work around it, as well as standardization work related
      to it

All of the above spells that I had better implement it myself at least
once, so I am certain that I know what I'm talking about when I
authoritatively tell people "it says this and this" :-)

So, in this particular case, the world will experience another
half-assed unoptimized implementation of the UBA. Do not try this at
home....

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh