[FriBidi] Incorrect Arabic text rendering in maperver

Ian Walberg ian.walberg at airborne.aero
Wed Mar 9 09:08:30 PST 2011

Behdad,

We are back looking at this again and have tried a few combinations and none seem to work.

Here is the test change we made to fribidi-arabic.c

for (i = 0; i < len - 1; i++) {
    register FriBidiChar c;
    if (FRIBIDI_LEVEL_IS_RTL(embedding_levels[i]) &&
        embedding_levels[i] == embedding_levels[i+1] &&
        (c = PAIR_MATCH(table, size, str[i], str[i+1])))
      {
        /* str[i] = FRIBIDI_CHAR_FILL; */
// Do we need to remove this next line as well?
        FRIBIDI_SET_BITS(ar_props[i], FRIBIDI_MASK_LIGATURED);
        /* str[i+1] = c; */
        str[i] = c;
      }
  }

The assumption is that we would make the 'real' change to mapserver and not here.

Thanks

Ian