[FriBidi] Line Reverse

Kueffen Heiko Heiko.Kueffen at cadcon.de
Wed May 30 22:33:42 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm now trying for several days to use fribidi in a embedded linux project for supporting Hebrew.

First it seems very simple, just using the "fribidi_log2vis" function. But now I found that fribidi reverses text line.

Example: If I put in (in Hebrew)

Hebrew
Text

The fribidi_log2vis returns

Txet
Werbeh

Which is not what I want because Hebrew is read from top to bottom, even if it is right to left written.

I would expect the output to be

Werbeh
Txet

Can anybody comment on this or give me a hint?

Best regards
Heiko

[cid:teaser_html_em2012.gif at fa3cab5334c24959a63325aa111a9179]

CADCON
Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Robert Bauer, Andreas Gundel
Sitz der Gesellschaft: D-86368 Gersthofen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRA 14521