[FriBidi] "fribidi_remove_special_chars" function?

Evgeny Grin k2k at narod.ru
Tue Aug 13 16:27:02 PDT 2013

14.08.2013, 02:26, "Behdad Esfahbod" <behdad at behdad.org>:
> On 13-08-13 04:24 PM, Evgeny Grin wrote:
>>  I'm going to implement it in the following way:
>>   * convert to UTF-32
>>   * call fribidi_get_bidi_types
>>   * call fribidi_get_par_embedding_levels
>>   * call fribidi_get_joining_types
>>   * call fribidi_join_arabic
>>   * call fribidi_shape
>>   * split result into lines, for each line call fribidi_reorder_line, combine resulting lines back to paragraph
>
> You need fribidi_reorder_line() here.
> Check out fribidi_log2vis() implementation.

fribidi_log2vis works only with single lines. So I'm going here to: * split paragraph into single lines, * process each line with fribidi_reorder_line(), * combine result back to paragraph.
Is it right?

I suppose that "off" parameter of fribidi_reorder_line() is equal to size of all previous lines (with line breaks) in paragraph. Is it correct?

>>   * call fribidi_remove_bidi_marks
>>   * convert result to needed encoding (UTF-8 in my case)
>>   * use result for display
>>  Correct?
Besides minors, is it right?

>>  Is it possible to detect on early stage ability to skip arabic joining and shaping?
> No.  I suggest you don't worry about performance.  It wouldn't make any
> measurable difference.
Nice! Thanks.

I was trying to find any example with fribidi and multiline paragraphs, but without any success. Do you know any?

Best wishes,
Evgeny