[FriBidi] Visual to Logical Order

Hossein Khatoonabadi hkhatoonabadi at pdftron.com
Fri Nov 13 18:18:30 PST 2015

Hi / Dorood,

I'm looking for a function that converts a visual context to a logical
string using FiriBidi library.

I know that there is no standard algorithm for this, and there is no unique
answer. However, ICU has a function that approximates logical from visual
order. I've read the FiriBidi mailing list regarding this topic (from
couple of years ago), but there was no acceptable conclusion/workaround at
the time.

It has been years now since that discussion and I'm sure many like us are
still looking for such a function. Does anyone have any idea?