[FriBidi] bidi mirror

Eduardo CastiƱeyra eduardo at brainstorm3d.com
Tue Mar 28 17:05:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm using the fribidi_shape_mirroring function in order to fix the
direction of the parenthesis.

But it seems not to work properly in levels deeper than 0 or 1.

I think the problem is similar to the one I'm experiencing in the bidi tool

Consider this level 0 text:

http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/bidi.jsp?a=sample+%28text%29&p=LTR

Then, we change the Paragraph direction in the drop down from LTR to RTL

http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/bidi.jsp?a=sample+%28text%29&p=RTL

Suddenly, all the L0 become L2 except the last parenthesis and thus, the
reordered view shows the parenthesis at the beginning.

However the text looks nice in the text box.

Should the user be forced to enter a RLM mark to solve this issue? If
so, How come the text box (and also MS Notepad) is solving it without
the need of the mark?

Thanks!