[Ftp-release] Poppler 0.8 released

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Mar 26 12:54:49 PDT 2008

So we made it and released 0.8. Congrats to everyone involved.

Changes since 0.7.3 include:
 * Fix caching of members in the glib frontend causing issues with rendering
 * Change glib public api to have a correct naming
 * Some better error handling on corner cases
 * Check the document stream is seekable when opening it
 * Build fixes with autotools and with cmake
 * Fix infinite recursion on some malformed documents when consulting the
fonts
 * Fix possible crash when asking for Movie contents

I've created a branch for 0.8 releases for bugfixes, i'll try to keep a
monthly release schedule like we had with 0.6

If you want to create a directory holding branch 0.8 you can do:

git clone ssh://yourUser@git.freedesktop.org/git/poppler/poppler poppler-0.8
cd poppler-0.8/
git checkout --track -b poppler-0.8 origin/poppler-0.8

if you don't have an account first line should be
git clone git://git.freedesktop.org/git/poppler/poppler poppler-0.8

Testing, patches and bug reports welcome.

Albert