[Ftp-release] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-gabble 0.7.9

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 09:53:46 PDT 2008

telepathy-gabble 0.7.9, the "danger! danger!" release.

Our unstable-branch releases are usually pretty stable in practice, but we've
just merged 10 months' OLPC work and some fairly fundamental internal changes,
so you might want to restrict this one to experimental distributions like
Debian experimental and Fedora rawhide for now. We'll do a 0.7.10 release
once it's had some more testing.

Tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.9.tar.gz
Signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.9.tar.gz.asc
Git repository:
git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-gabble.git
http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-gabble.git (gitweb)

Requirements:

* telepathy-glib >= 0.7.16
* GLib >= 2.16

Enhancements:

* Implement the Requests API introduced in spec 0.17.11 and extended in 0.17.12

* Save contacts' aliases into the roster for massive bandwidth savings (in
  conjunction with avatar caching, this should mean we don't have to fetch
  everyone's vCard every time we connect to the server)

* Merge support for the "gadget", an OLPC-specific server component that
  supports browsing for buddies and activities

* When running tests under valgrind, use the same options as in telepathy-glib

Regards,
    Simon