[Ftp-release] ANNOUNCE: telepathy-gabble 0.7.30 released

Will Thompson will.thompson at collabora.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 08:33:07 PDT 2009

Hi all,

telepathy-gabble 0.7.30, the “sample that pinecone for an hour” release,
is now available:

tarball:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.30.tar.gz
signature:
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-gabble/telepathy-gabble-0.7.30.tar.gz.asc

The latest reviewed code is, as ever, available from:

git: git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-gabble.git
gitweb: http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-gabble.git

Enhancements:

* Gabble now supports making and receiving video calls to contacts using
Google Video Chat <http://mail.google.com/videochat>. You'll need an
H264 codec.  We're aware of an issue where sometimes the Google client
never sends us video; we're investigating it, and hopefully it'll be
resolved soon.

* The default port is now 5222, rather than unset. If you specify
port=5222 and don't specify a server or old-ssl, Gabble will make an SRV
lookup anyway: this is kinder to UIs that want to show the default XMPP
port as 5222.

* Gabble now advertises support for up-to-date Jingle namespaces, and
implements the raw UDP and ICE-UDP transports as well as the
non-standard Google Talk P2P transport. (fd.o #22458 and #13158,
respectively.)

Fixes:

* fd.o #22369: Gabble now replies to the XMPP resource that's sending
you messages, rather than always sending messages to the peer's bare JID.

* The keepalive-interval parameter actually works now (previously,
setting it caused a critical warning, and did not change the actual
value from the default).

Regards,

--
Will