[Ftp-release] Announce: telepathy-spec 0.21.1

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 07:53:50 PDT 2010

The "it's Wednesday, so this must be a spec release" release.

telepathy-spec is the document defining the Telepathy real-time communication
framework's D-Bus API, from which all our other projects are derived.

  <http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec/>
  <http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/releases/telepathy-spec/>
  <git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/telepathy-spec.git>
  <http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=telepathy-spec.git> (gitweb)

Changes to stable API:

• Account.RequestedPresence must not be Unset, Unknown or Error, while
  Account.AutomaticPresence must not be any of those or Offline, matching
  the behaviour that Mission Control has implemented in practice since
  version 5.1.2 (smcv)

• Account.CurrentPresence now allows a non-empty status or message for
  accounts that are offline or don't support SimplePresence (smcv)

New stable API:

• Conn.I.ClientTypes is now considered stable, with minor clarifications
  since draft 1, and the 'game' and 'sms' client types removed pending
  XMPP Registrar inclusion (jonny)

• The Access_Control_Type enum is a superset of
  Rich_Presence_Access_Control_Type, which it will supersede in future
  interfaces; similarly, Access_Control supersedes
  Rich_Presence_Access_Control (eeejay)

New experimental API:

• Conn.I.CommunicationPolicy allows incoming channels from particular
  contacts to be forbidden (eeejay)

• Conn.I.Resources allows connections with multiple resources or points of
  presence, such as on XMPP and MSN, to be represented (jonny)