[Galago-Devel] Re: [Growl-devl] Move to SVN

Christopher Forsythe the_tick at brok3n.org
Wed Aug 4 15:48:12 EEST 2004

Growl will not change it's name. We'd love to work with the other
notification type things for other platforms, but the name stays the
same. The reasons are as follows:

1) I've already bought the domain. It's already setup on the new host.

2) A lot of people already know the name Growl

3) The forums are setup to be named "Growl!"

4) We'd have to change everything in svn

5) It fits os x (puma, panther, jaguar, tiger, they all growl)

6) When something Growls, you know it is there. This is the same theory
as a notification. When an app notifies you of something, it notifies
you that it is there.

And finally, the best reason of all....

7) Growl is cool :D

Chris