[Galago-devel] Fisrt run galago

Thiago Becker thiago.becker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 20:05:42 EET 2005

Hi, I'm new to the list and expect to help a little with the
notification spec. I'm trying to figure out how to get the
notification working: I installed notify-daemon and libnotify and then
I run it but when I try to send a notification, it times out. Here is
the output, with notify-deamon run by command line:

/usr/local/libexec/notification-daemon &
sasquati root # notify-send teste teste
notification-daemon: trace: method = Notify
notification-daemon: trace: updating for 1
notification-daemon: trace: Generating PopupNotification GUI for nid 1
notification-daemon: trace: window is 0x80859b8
notification-daemon: trace: created return message
notification-daemon: trace: sent reply
18245: assertion failed "!(real)->invalid" file "dbus-string.c" line 561
/usr/local/bin/notify-send(18263): libnotify: error sending
notification: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
[1]+  Aborted                 /usr/local/libexec/notification-daemon

I'm running latest cvs and dbus 0.22.
Thanksfor any help.
--
Thiago Rafael Becker