[Galago-devel] Soylent: Libsoylent Version 0.1 Goals

Christian Hammond chipx86 at gnupdate.org
Tue Jul 26 11:33:18 EEST 2005

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:29:12AM +0300, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> On 7/25/05, Travis Reitter <treitter-dev at netdrain.com> wrote:
> > Here are my goals for the 0.1 release of libsoylent:
> [snip]
> > After this release, we should be able to start creating the UIs (in
> > parallel with libsoylent development, of course).
>
> This won't include setting the users personal info yet, right?

It's not a whole lot more effort to support this. I fully plan to
implement it.

A lot of the "hard" code will be done by a wrapper script, with info
files that define relationships. This is why not much code has been
in. I've been hacking on this (when I've had time).

> I have an project that would/could/will use the libsoylent API, but so
> far I will be dealing with only the users own information (buddies are
> still some time away).

What kind of app?

> If it would include the personal info, it would get real testing on a
> (semi-)real app when released, so that should motivate ;)

It will include personal info. We'll have a few types of supported
IDs, with wrapper functions, but really any info could be set. It just
won't be saved yet, as we'd need a backend that supported extra
metadata. That'll happen a little later. Not too much later, though.

> What I'm thinking is that personal info could be just a normal soylent
> person, but with special attribute(s) so that it can be differentiated
> from the others. It'd mean a bit more work on the app developer
> though. Unless the "my info" API would be separated from the others.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here?

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 at gnupdate.org      <>  http://www.galago.info/