[Galago-devel] Libsoylent API

Christian Hammond chipx86 at gnupdate.org
Tue Jun 21 20:38:35 EEST 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 10:54:30AM +0200, Ikke wrote:

> > > Do we have a SVN repository for this project?
> > >
> > > If so, what's the url to it, and how do we get access to it?
> >
> > svn co http://svn.galago.info/trunk/libsoylent
> >
> > Christian
>
> There is some problem with this, as I mentioned before:
> AFAIK Soylent is a Gnome-related project. If we ever want it to go into
> the Gnome core (the soylent libs and client-side apps) we'll need those
> apps to be i18n'ized. And the gnome-i18n team only works in gnome-cvs.

It should not be a GNOME-specific project. Related is fine, but we
should not tie ourselves to one desktop. GNOME is not the only desktop
out there, and if we make ourselves dependant on GNOME, we lose the
ability to become a de facto standard that any app can use. I don't
believe in choosing sides when it's just as easy to play with both.

There are other i18n groups that will work with our svn tree. Look at
what gstreamer does, for example.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 at gnupdate.org      <>  http://www.galago.info/