[Galago-devel] Passing a notification from root to user with notification-daemon

Brian Sutherland jinty at web.de
Fri Mar 10 19:46:14 EET 2006

Hi,

This may not be the right place for this, but here goes:

I am developing an excruciatingly small program that passes
notifications of possible hard disk issues from smartd to the
user. It looks like the notification-daemon might be the right thing to
use.

But I fail to find in the documentation how to pass a notification from
the root to the user context? Is there a "Right Way"? Could someone
point me in the right direction?

--
Brian Sutherland

Metropolis - "it's the first movie with a robot. And she's a woman.
              And she's EVIL!!"