[Galago-devel] [pynotify] Replace notifications created by another process

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Sun Dec 2 12:51:57 PST 2007

On So, 02.12.2007 12:41, Christian Hammond wrote:

>It's such a rare
>usecase that I don't know that it should go into the notification spec

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what's the state of the spec anyways?

As far as I remember, it was the goal to have it be a freedesktop.org
spec.. I see the D-Bus service is called
"org.freedesktop.Notifications.service", but the freedesktop.org page
doesn't seem to mention the spec (which is still hosted on the galago
site). What's the status?

Now that KDE is changing to D-Bus with version 4, the biggest
blocker should be solved, shouldn't it? How's the KNotify support for
the spec (or rather, how is it planned for KDE4)? Anybody got any
information?

Holger