[Galago-devel] libnotify: system freezes for a few secs. on notify_notification_show

Christian Hammond chipx86 at chipx86.com
Thu Feb 5 01:28:35 PST 2009

Hi,

libnotify is a thin wrapper around D-BUS, and all communication happens
within D-BUS. I don't have experience with libnotify and threads either (as
I tend to avoid threads in my apps). It's possible that it's libnotify, but
I would start off assuming the issue has to do with your app and D-BUS in
some way.

Christian

Christian Hammond - chipx86 at chipx86.com
VMware, Inc.