[Galago-devel] [BUG] In notification-daemon, body not displayed if it contains "&"

Abhijeet Rastogi abhijeet.1989 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:06:52 PST 2012

So, I just observed that my
"/usr/lib/notification-daemon-1.0/notification-daemon" was throwing this
error.

(notification-daemon:13210): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set text from markup
due to error parsing markup: Error on line 1: Entity did not end with a
semicolon; most likely you used an ampersand character without intending to
start an entity - escape ampersand as &

So, I just had to replace
alert = pynotify.Notification("Hi", "Bye & Pye")
with
alert = pynotify.Notification("Hi", "Bye & Pye")

@Gilles Which version of notification-daemon are you using?