[Games] Status update

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Mon Dec 1 16:41:03 PST 2008

* Miriam Ruiz (miriam at debian.org) wrote:

> > - Go Ollie (dunno what it is yet) - need to make a port of tuxcap 2d
> >  game framework first, then wait game's developers to release
> >  proper source package.
>
> I'm currently working in this one for Debian too. I already have
> tuxcap finished, but it won't work properly with 64 bits. Maybe we
> should coordinate on this one.

Seems like they're going to provide source packages in a few days.

For the time being, did you manage to run Go Ollie? Tuxcap builds
fine for me on both i386 and amd64 (they seem to use pointer value
to get one pseudorandom bit, so it's nicely fixed with intptr_t
iterim cast, as I've guessed), but I was unable to run the game.

As I understand, pycap-based games can't be run with simple python
<filename> (as tuxcap doesn't install any python modules), so small
C++ program is needed, and there's no source for any in the archive.
Adapting pycap demos didn't work either. Any more luck on your side
or would it be wiser to not waste time and just wait for proper
source package?

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru