[Games] Cross-desktop games packaging mailing list

Tue Nov 25 13:24:29 PST 2008

Hi all,

if you are a games packager or have a general interest in FLOSS
games, let me point you to games at lists.freedesktop.org

The Debian and Ubuntu games teams have merged completely
and the Fedora team has been working more and more with us
to reduce duplicated work. We have been using the Debian
games mailing list until now, but we decided that a
distro-agnostic would be better.

We will start defining requirements and possible layouts for
intermediary repositories, soon. Distros could then pull from
there and get a common, patched version. Distro-specific
patches would be applied in your local SuSE repositories
via your existing processes.

It would be great if at least one SuSE games packager
could subscribe to act as a liason. I suspect the rest will
join over time as the benefits will, hopefully, be substantial.

Thanks for reading this far and sorry to all people who are
not interested in games packaging.

Richard