[Games] Status update

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Fri Nov 28 11:49:27 PST 2008

> > Seems like both have mailing lists.
> > http://www.openbsd.org/mail.html
> > On http://darwinports.com/ though, maillists link seems broken
> Do you want to tell them about this list? Feel free to steal my text,
> for that. If not, I will do it over the weekend.
Better you do it, sine you've already mailed other distros. I'm
not in touch with any on OpenBSD guys unfortunately.
What's for Darwinports, I couldn't find any working contacts. The last
message on the list was 2006-09-06:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.os.opendarwin.darwinports

> > I.e. being more upstream than repos. Now I understand, that seems
> > reasonable. Sorry, I didn't get the idea completely the first time.
> > Then I see even less problems - for each game we'll have repo
> > directory and a wiki page. Files layout may also be discussed -
> > will patch per file or all-in-one patch be better?
> Yah, that is the beauty of it. As we are basically secondary
> upstream, we get rid of a lot of problems. People are welcome
> to maintain the rest of whatever they need in there as well, though.
>
> It should be one patch per feature. No matter if it spans one or
> a hundred files. Patches which accumulate several features should
> be split, if possible.
>
> The layout I have in mind is along those lines. It assumes that
> two projects use the repo in question to manage their specific
> stuff. Note that those are not directories but git branches (which
> is where git is really really nice...)
>
> upstream foo
> \- upstream 1.0
> |\- patchset for 1.0
> ||\- distribution foo
> |||- distribution bar
> |- upstream 1.95
>  \-patchset for 1.95
So the whole code will be there. Well, that'd be great.
Althrough as discussed before I thought that there will be no
'distribution foo' branches but more like 'patchset doing foo',
more or less useful for all distros, no?

> > Commit messages (with diffs included) from the repo may be mailed
> > to the list, so every commit is visible to others and can be easily
> > looked through. But it may spam a list pretty much.
> The fdo people asked that we start with only one list. As the
> infrastructure within other projects does not match with Debian's,
> some assumptions are off. Long story short, I requested a
> games-commit@ already.
Nice. Yes, if two lists are OK, that'd be more convenient to have commit
messages in a separate one.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru