Invitation to a cross-distro games packaging/patching/maintaining mailing list

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Sun Nov 30 05:38:45 PST 2008

* Miriam Ruiz (miriam at debian.org) wrote:

> > This is interesting. While FreeBSD build cluster build sdb package
> > from sparc64, I don't think anyone actually played it, so we may
> > have a problem. Can you describe it in short? As I understand,
> > there's separate package for sdb bigendian models - what's the
> > source for those? Patched original models? If yes, how to patch them?
>
> I downloaded them from the web page directly, I still have the
> original .zip file, in case you're interested. I really don't know it
> it's still online, to be honest.

I've downloaded MAC OS X package from their website - it does contain
*.md2b models, so I think I'll use that for big-endian builds.

> > Are man pages required for all debian packages?
>
> Yup, but they can be simple and refer to more extensive documentation
> in other formats, for example HTML
>
> The idea, AFAIK, is to be able to make man command to be able to know
> what command does before executing it, in every case.

That's convenient. I'm liking Debian packages more and more :)

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru