Status of island-track copyright

Christoph Egger christoph at debian-community.org
Thu Jan 29 12:43:12 PST 2009

[Please CC me on any answers (and potentially Debian,Freedesktop ML]

Hi all!

  I'm the person who brought supertuxkart 0.5 into the Debian archive
and am currently working on your new release 0.6. While doing the
regular Copyright check I stumbled upon the License.txt in the island
track which is pretty much an stopper for any efforts in this regard.

  While I could probably replace some textures (I'll have to do this for
the CC < 3 in xr591) replacing all textures for this island track is
simply impossible for me.

  What are your plans concerning this track? Any input for what to do
next? Supertuxkart 0.6 is quite nice to play and it would really be sad
if I could not make it available trough Debian ;)

Regards

  Christoph Egger
  Debian Games Team