In Need of Writers!

Matthew matthew at fosgames.com
Wed Sep 2 22:32:48 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'll cut to the chase here.  I recently started a gaming review site that
focuses on free and open source games, and aims to create a similar
experience to that made by Gamespot for retail games - a closed set of
editors who play the games, and then review them in-depth and provide
quantitative scores on how the game played in several areas.  Then, users
can compare these reviews and see which games did best, and which don't .
The site also has a news and previews sections, for the latest happenings in
the OSS gaming world.

I need editors to write reviews and previews for the site.  I don't have
enough time myself to write all of the content.  I am looking for
individuals who can write at a fairly high level, and be able to go into
detail when explaining their opinion on a particular game, providing
sufficient reason as to their opinions, and being fair and unbiased in
presenting the game.  I want people to be honest (brutally if need be) when
reviewing these games - no "brownie points" are to be given to try to "even
the field" just because they're open source and have virtually $0 as a
budget.  Regular old gamers judge them on gameplay, not dollars spent, so
why shouldn't we?

Interested individuals can get in contact with me.  Please provide an
example or two of your previous writing, and let me know what type of games
you would be interested in reviewing for the site.

Thanks again!

Matthew

FOS Games

http://www.fosgames.com