Fw: [garglk-dev] Alan interpreter license

Sylvain Beucler beuc at beuc.net
Thu Jan 6 11:43:50 PST 2011

Great news :)

----- Forwarded message from Ben Cressey <bcressey at gmail.com> -----

Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 10:03:51 -0800
From: Ben Cressey <bcressey at gmail.com>
To: garglk-dev <garglk-dev at googlegroups.com>
Subject: [garglk-dev] Alan interpreter license

Hi everyone,

I meant to announce this back in October: Thomas Nilsson has generously
decided to release the Alan source code under the terms of the Artistic
License 2.0<http://code.google.com/p/garglk/source/browse/trunk/licenses/Artistic+License+2.0.txt>
.

I believe this means that the gargoyle-free package variants can now include
the Alan 2 and Alan 3 interpreters.

Kent Tessman tells me that a revamp of the Hugo source code is on his
projects list, and that a licensing decision will be made when he revisits
the code. I am hopeful that this will result in a DFSG compliant license in
the not too distant future.

Regards,
Ben