Standardizing various games packaging things across distros

Thu May 5 01:02:56 PDT 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 02:09, Karl Goetz <karl at kgoetz.id.au> wrote:
>> games     Static data files for /usr/games (optional)

> I feel "if the corresponding subsystem is installed" would mean "If
> games are installed". Not sure how else we can read that section?

The mix of "must" and "optional" is less than ideal, but I think you
may be right after all.

That being said, there is an effort underway to refresh the FHS
[1][2], so it may be a good idea to find out what they are planning
and/or to argue either way on their mailing list[3].

Richard

[1] http://www.licquia.org/archives/2011/05/04/fhs-refresh/
[2] https://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/lsb/fhs