Docs and specs?

Jussi Kukkonen jhkukkon at cc.hut.fi
Thu Aug 9 08:20:12 PDT 2007

Piotr Gaczkowski wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to use GeoClue in order to provide XEP-0080[1] in Gajim[2].
> Unfortunately I cannot find documentation for GeoClue, so I'm quite
> unsure about what to do.
>
> So: are there any docs available or could you just tell me, how can I
> access some data, like lat, long, alt, area, etc.?

Hi Piotr,

XEP-0080 support sounds very cool, I'll definitely change to Gajim once
that's in.

We're missing good documentation and a howto, but you should be able to
get started by looking at example/geoclue_position_example.c, it queries
coordinates and civic location (such as country, locality, street
address). See geoclue/position.h for the interface you'll be accessing.

I wrote the above assuming you are working in C. Let me know if this
isn't the case.

By the way: as you can see from the current discussion on the list, the
position API has gone through some change in the last weeks and it looks
like there's going to be some more change...

-jussi