Anyone interested in writing an article about Geoclue in Linux Magazine ?

Ian Lawrence xor81 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 18 06:18:53 PDT 2007

Hi,
I recently wrote a proposal for an article about
Ubuntu Mobile for Linux Magazine. They replied saying
that they were interested more in an application I
have written for UME which uses the GeoClue service.!!
This seems like a great chance to get more people
interested in GeoClue so I am forwarding the message
here. I hope someone is interested in picking this up
[]'s
Ian

Hello, Ian--

Thanks for sending us your proposal.

In general, the topic of programming for mobile
devices is a little too
specific for us. Maybe we could do something
interesting with GeoClue?
Is there some kind of practical example we could give
Linux users for
something they can do with GeoClue?  Is this pretty
much for mobile
developers only, or could it be used in some kind of
lower-tech
scripting context to solve a specific problem for a
user?

Regards,

-Joe Casad
Linux Magazine International