Enable running on D-Bus system daemon

Henri Bergius henri.bergius at iki.fi
Wed Jul 11 12:11:23 PDT 2007

Hi!

On 7/11/07, Matt Hoosier <matt.hoosier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Because (1) this process is run as a dedicated user and isn't attached
> to any particular login session, and (2) Geoclue needs to still be
> usable by numerous different user accounts, I've added a patch which
> allows geoclue-master to be run on the system bus (see attachment).

I can understand the requirement and am OK with the patch. jku?

> Also note that I've added a new external method
> "geoclue_get_dbus_bus_type()" which just exists to allow backend
> services to query which of the two buses was specified at
> configure-time, so that they'll supply the right connection when
> attempting to register their backend with geoclue-master.

...however, this might cause issues with backends that are not written
in C. For example, MaemoPlazer (written in Python) provides a Plazes
GeoClue backend.

Could we move the bus type to GConf key for instance?

/Henri

--
Henri Bergius
Motorcycle Adventures and Free Software