Enable running on D-Bus system daemon

Henri Bergius henri.bergius at iki.fi
Wed Jul 11 12:43:16 PDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Matt Hoosier <matt.hoosier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you talking about e.g. Python client sides? The C client API is
> already retrofit to use the configurable bus.

Since GeoClue uses D-BUS as the communication protocol between
clients, master and backends, it IMO should be possible to write the
clients and backends in any language that supports D-BUS instead of
having to write language bindings to the C API.

So far this has been possible, and so I'd prefer solving the bus
question in a way that apps written in different languages can use.

How would that GConf idea sound to you? Is that feasible in the
platform you're working on?

--
Henri Bergius
Motorcycle Adventures and Free Software