Questions

Jussi Kukkonen jhkukkon at cc.hut.fi
Tue Jul 31 01:56:12 PDT 2007

Ian Lawrence wrote:
> Ola,
> Just wanted to give a big-up for some cool software!.
> I said this on IRC but i will say here too. I
> installed geoclue and needed:
> apt-get install gpsd libglib2.0-dev libgtk2.0-dev
> libsoup2.2-dev libgconf2-dev libxml++2.6c2a
>
> This then installed ok.

...which reminds me: Putting the maemo packaging in garage.maemo.org
seemed like a good idea at the time, but I'm not sure any more: the same
packaging is actually fully functional in Debian Ubuntu and probably
other Debian-derivatives as well (and any small changes could be done
with patches).

I realize that there _may_ be people who use other than Debian-based
distributions, but I still think including a debian-directory in the
freedesktop.org repo might not be a bad idea. I can tell you that
keeping it in a separate repository has not been ideal...

> When I run bergies python code

> in the pyphantom IDE it works every now and then (1
> time out of about 10 tries on average). I tried
> resetting d-bus (/etc/init.d/dbus restart) but this
> seems to make little difference. It uses hostip.info
> and the error on pyphantom is:
>
> /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/dbus/proxies.py",
> line 169, in __call__
>     reply_message =
> self._connection.send_message_with_reply_and_block(message,
> timeout)
> DBusException:
> org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.UnmappedError.GeocluePositionErrorQuark.Code1:
> Position data from http://api.hostip.info/ could not
> be parsed

Thanks for the report, Ian.

I had some trouble reproducing this, but there was a string that was not
 always terminated (which could trigger this). I've fixed that now and I
believe it works. Care to test?

-jussi