interfaces / wiki page

Jussi Kukkonen jhkukkon at cc.hut.fi
Tue Jun 19 02:51:24 PDT 2007

(Sorry for not delivering on the schedule/plans yet, I've had real
trouble getting my thoughts organized enough...)

Instead, here's something related that has bothered me for a while.
Currently the homepage lists the following APIs/interfaces as a GeoClue
goal:
  # Positioning
  # Routing
  # Geocoding
  # Map
  # Track Logs

Positioning and Geocoding are basic services pretty much tied to each
other, Routing is an obvious extension and I can understand the need for
"Maps on the desktop". The fifth one, however... can someone explain the
logic behind that?

In the code there is another type of interface too, "find". I love the
idea of including a geographic searching interface (although I fear a
good and abstract implementation is going to be really difficult to
achieve).

Summarizing:
* Is there a point to "Track logs" and is it justifiably a part of
  GeoClue?
* Should I add "Find" to the list of interfaces, maybe like this:

>    # Position
>    # Geocode
>    # Route *
>    # Find *