Geocode

keith preston keithpre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 07:19:01 PST 2007

> I think the right way to do this is just to add a "freetext"-argument
> into AddressToPosition-interface. I experimented with having several
> methods but I can see no real benefits (libgypsy on the other hand might
> want to offer convenience versions with e.g. just a free_text input).

I still like separate methods.   I think it makes it easier on the
backends.   I would think that most engines for geocoding take either
freetext or separated values and not both for the same search.   Then
again I might be wrong and probably won't be the first to write patch
to change it.

> I also removed the description, text and uri arguments. They were copied
> from Address-interface and have no value here.

Sounds good.