add more geocode backends and fix some bugs.

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Mon Oct 1 07:14:53 PDT 2007

No, Google has made it very clear that they will not allow (by sending Cease
& Desist letters first) applications to use GoogleMaps outside of a
web-browser. See MGMaps for example & discussion:

http://www.mgmaps.com/news.php?item=136

However, you're just talking about a GeoCoder - and not sure how that
specifically applies here. But there are great other geocoders that are ok
to use. I would definitely recommend making Geonames the default.

On 9/28/07, iain <iain at openedhand.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 15:35 +0300, Jussi Kukkonen wrote:
>
> > I checked the legality issue myself. the FAQ is pretty clear about this:

> Is "Can I use" referring to permission or ability? Like the old "Can I
> go to the bathroom" vs "May I go to the bathroom" joke in schools? They
> seem to be saying that the API is unavailable to use google maps in
> applications rather than you don't have permission to use it in normal
> applications.
>
> To me at least (not being a lawyer etc)
> iain

Andrew Turner