getting it running on lastest Ubuntu

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 11:07:54 PDT 2007

Sending from gmail since my ISP's service sucks...

Scott Reynolds wrote:
> I am having trouble getting Geoclue to run on the latest Ubuntu. Getting
> the following message from DBus:
> failed to open connection to bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible
> causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
> bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
> network connection was broken.

Hi Scott,
 I'm running geoclue on Ubuntu 7.10 fine here,  so you'll probably
need to give some more details (as in where iexactly does the error
appear, have you tried running backends manually, etc.)...

My only suggestion now would be "./configure --prefix=/usr", IIRC the
default install prefix didn't install some dbus files in the correct
place on debian/ubuntu... It's possible to try everything without
installing too, just start a backend manually in one terminal and run
   geoclue-position-example <backend>
where backend = [gpsd,manual,hostip,plazes]. This way the dbus
configuration shouldn't be a problem.

-jussi
jussi.kukkonen at gmail.com
+358-400-609 787