geoclue 0.11

Jussi Kukkonen jku at o-hand.com
Fri Apr 25 12:25:10 PDT 2008

Evening, I believe I've kneaded this long enough:

Geoclue 0.11

Geoclue is a set of geoinformation D-Bus APIs to access current
position, address and velocity data and to access geocoding services.
GObject bindings are included. Also included is a set of providers that
implement the interfaces.

Highlights in 0.11:
* refined API
* Usable Master provider:
  Geoclue Master provides Address and Position data using
  the best available geoclue provider. Master may not be industrial
  quality yet, but it is IMO usable (testing is more than welcome).
  See documentation for usage examples.
* Included providers:
  Includes 5 position providers, 4 address providers,
  2 velocity provider, 2 geocoders and a reverse geocoder
* Asynchronous method calls
* Provider reference counting:
  Providers can now shutdown when they have no clients

There's a oven fresh tar-file at
    http://folks.o-hand.com/jku/geoclue-releases/
Git works as well:
    git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/geoclue

Accompanying documentation for the C API:
    http://folks.o-hand.com/jku/geoclue-docs/

I had some trouble getting freedesktop.org to serve these files, so
they're at OpenedHand web space for now.

I've got the following still on my todo-list:
 * provider docs -- see README for current provider options until I
   write documentation
 * "real-world usage"-wiki page: some providers have their own quirks,
   and knowing about them helps
 * D-Bus API docs -- these are mostly written, but they do not seem
   to get generated, need to investigate

Jussi

--
Jussi Kukkonen <jku at o-hand.com>