beginner

Jussi Kukkonen jku at o-hand.com
Wed Mar 26 03:55:04 PDT 2008

Emanuele Leomanni wrote:
> Sorry,
>   I am new in this mailinglist. I would like to know where to find
> exhaustive information about how to test an example of current geoclue
> implementation.
> I have downloaded and compiled geoclue framework but I have not found a
> good documentation to understand how to use the framework and how to use
> geoclue libraries to develop my own application.
> Can anyone help me?

Sure. The docs are still under development so exhaustive information is
not available, but there are quite a few examples in the example/-dir.
They're simple, but then again so is most of the API.

When you're trying the examples out, please note that you need to have
either installed the providers (so D-Bus can start them) or have to have
them running already. Example using the latter option and hostip:
 * run "providers/hostip/geoclue-hostip" in one terminal
 * run "example/position-example Hostip" in another
Note that the provider will shutdown when you close the example client.

If you have generic questions about how geoclue should/could be used in
an application, describe the situation: there are a couple of
possibilites (namely, do you need Geoclue Master or a specific provider
and how do you want to access the data).

Drop by in IRC for less latency: #geoclue on irc.gimp.org

  Jussi