Making geoclue more desktop agnostic.

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 05:55:02 PST 2009

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 at 15:21:04 +0200, Henri Bergius wrote:
> Another option to using an /etc file would be just removing the
> configs. Jussi, any opinions?

I'm not Jussi, just someone lurking here hoping for Telepathy <-> Geoclue
integration, but I would certainly advocate making service daemons like
Geoclue providers not read configuration files. In Telepathy, we have a policy
that all configuration is fed into the connection managers over D-Bus by the
clients that start them (clients can get the config from wherever they like,
in an appropriate and desktop-specific way) and that's worked quite well for
us.

(Unrelated: we'd still like opinions on
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/spec.html#org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.Interface.Location.DRAFT
which is heavily based on XEP-0080 and Geoclue. :-)

    Simon