Problems using the geoclue master client

Christopher Bird volleyballlover at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:33:59 PDT 2009

I have not seen a solution posted to
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/geoclue/2009-February/000291.html,
but I'm facing similar problems.

If I set the resource in geoclue_master_client_set_requirements() to
be GEOCLUE_RESOURCE_GPS, I get the same problem that's been outlined.
Even changing to GEOCLUE_RESOURCE_NETWORK, I get the same problem
using Hostip and Plazes as Position providers. I get a position when I
manually create a GeocluePosition* referred directly to the Hostip
provider service. However, I have been unsucessful with using the
MasterClient provider, as it refuses Hostip as a usable provider.

Any thoughts as to what the issue could be? I wanted to add to what's
already posted, to inform you that I'm seeing the same problem with
both the GPS AND the NETWORK providers.

***Debug output to geoclue-master***:
Found providers:
  geoclue-manual.provider
  geoclue-example.provider
  geoclue-yahoo.provider
  geoclue-gypsy.provider
  geoclue-gpsd.provider
  geoclue-localnet.provider
  geoclue-plazes.provider
  geoclue-geonames.provider
  geoclue-hostip.provider
** (process:3644): DEBUG: client: 2 position providers matching
requirements found, now choosing current provider
** (process:3644): DEBUG: client: connecting to 'Plazes'
accuracy-changed and status-changed
** (process:3644): DEBUG: client: connecting to 'Hostip'
accuracy-changed and status-changed
** (process:3644): DEBUG: client: choosing best provider
** (process:3644): DEBUG:         ...trying provider Plazes
** (process:3644): DEBUG:         ...trying provider Hostip
** (process:3644): DEBUG: Plazes without clients
** (process:3644): DEBUG: Hostip without clients
** (process:3644): DEBUG: client: position provider changed (to NULL)