gypsy with fifo

Juha.Vuolle at nokia.com Juha.Vuolle at nokia.com
Thu Dec 2 20:05:28 PST 2010

Hi everyone,

(in lieu of gypsy list trying here).

Would anyone have any ideas what might be the issue here;
I am trying to feed gypsy-daemon with a NMEA ASCII text file, but not yet succeeding in it.

For this purpose I recorded some NMEA ASCII data. I wrote a small program which creates a named pipe (mkfifo) and writes  that data char by char at roughly 4ms interval.
Pipe works ok ('cat' replays correct looking nmea data). However when running basic gypsy-daemon example with that pipe, it won't give any data in the callbacks (just 0,0 position once).

I ran the same example against a real device (where the recorded data is from) and it works ok. It seems that the gypsy-daemon does open and read the pipe, because my feeding program writes data into the pipe (write blocks if there is no one reading it).

Thanks for any tips,
Juha (I'm using it for creating automated testing for location stuff)