GeoClue talk accepted for the GUADEC-ES

Javier Fernandez Garcia-Boente jfernandez at igalia.com
Tue Jul 6 09:18:12 PDT 2010

Hi everybody,

This year the Latin version of the GUADEC (aka GUADEC-ES) conference
will take place at A Coruña (Galicia), Spain, where the main Igalia
offices are, so i thought it would be interesting to give an
introductory talk about GeoClue. Im aware this kind of talk has been
already given several years at GUADEC, and most likely, some people
attending the GUADEC-ES already know about the project. However, i think
this year a quite important number of Free Software newcomers will
attend, overall since we are promoting in our State (Galicia) the GNOME
project and Free Software in general. Let see, ...

Besides describing the GeoClue project and architecture in general, i
would like to talk about the future; i would comment the MAEMO/Meego
experiences and some related GNOME projects that are suing GeoClue as
Location Framework.

Just for your information, and as always, comments and suggestions are
very welcome.

Greetings,

--
Javier Fernández García-Boente